The hallmark of this project:
Columbus NextWork Autism Center and Transition Academy
- An innovative live/learn environment for young adults on the autism spectrum.
- A central repository for employment, support services, education, community outreach, and advocacy.
- A connecting point for local employers looking to tap into a valuable part of the workforce.
- Transit-oriented development that opens up access to the entire Wasatch Front.
- A partnership with high schools, colleges, Vocational Rehabilitation, other nonprofits and employers to provide life-skills training, assessments, vocational training, and employment supports.
- Use of specific STEM programs for instruction and assessment tools, including the University of Utah’s NeuroVersity program, Lego Robotics, and Digitability